For professional furnace repair services in Buffalo Grove, IL, homeowners across town choose Atomatic Mechanical Services, Inc. Our team of experienced and certified technicians is here to help you with all of your furnace repair needs. From minor repairs to major component replacements, we can do it all.
We understand the importance of keeping your furnace in good working condition, so we offer competitive rates and top-quality service. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment for furnace repair services.
Choose Atomatic Mechanical Services, Inc. For Buffalo Grove, IL Furnace Repair
Atomatic Mechanical Services, Inc. has provided furnace repair in Buffalo Grove, IL for over 75 years. We perform repairs for all makes and models, so you can trust our team to accurately diagnose your heating problem and fix it correctly.
We are a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer. This means that our technicians have been trained straight from the Carrier team and deal with the best parts and equipment in the HVAC industry. Even if your furnace isn’t a Carrier brand, we can still provide you with reliable service repairs and quality parts to make sure your home stays comfortable and warm.
Our technicians work quickly and efficiently to get your furnace up and running again. We understand how important it is to have a working furnace in the winter, so we will do everything we can to get your repairs done as quickly as possible.
Troubleshoot Problems Before Calling for Furnace Repairs
When your furnace breaks down, it can be a real pain, especially in the middle of winter! If you’re not sure how to fix it, you might find yourself calling a repairman. But before you do that, there are a few common furnace issues you can try to troubleshoot on your own.
Furnace Not Turning On
Not being able to turn on your furnace can be a frustrating experience, especially when the temperature continues to drop. Fortunately, there are a few things you can check before calling a technician. If these steps do not work to get your furnace back on, it’s best to call a furnace repair technician.
- First, make sure that the power is turned on at the breaker box.
- Then, check the thermostat to see if it is working and is set to “heat” mode.
- If both of these things are working properly, the next step is to check the pilot light if you have an older furnace. If it’s out, you’ll need to relight it according to the instructions in your owner’s manual. If the pilot light won’t stay lit, there may be an issue with the gas valve.
This troubleshooting tip can solve a bunch of major furnace issues. From your heating system not kicking on, to cold spots around your home, many times replacing your furnace filter is all you need to do to get your furnace working properly again.
Most people know how important it is to change their furnace air filters regularly in order to keep their homes comfortable and their heating and cooling bills under control. However, many people don’t realize that dirty air filters can also cause a lack of heat in the home. When an air filter becomes clogged with dirt and dust, it significantly reduces the airflow to the furnace. As a result, the furnace has to work harder to warm the air, which can lead to a loss of heat.
Fortunately, changing your furnace air filter is a simple and easy task that only takes a few minutes. Simply locate your furnace filter, remove the old one, and replace it with a new filter. Be sure to insert the new filter in the proper direction. You can find most replacement air filters at your local hardware store or grocery store.
If you’ve ever found your home to be slightly cooler than usual, it might be due to closed vents. Vents are important for circulating heat throughout the home, and when they’re closed, they can cause a lack of heat. Closed vents can ultimately lead to an increase in energy bills as your heating system works harder to compensate for the lack of circulation. In addition, closed vents can cause uneven temperatures within the home, as some rooms will be warmer than others.
If you’re experiencing a lack of heat in your home, open up all of the vents and see if that makes a difference. You should also check for any blockages that might be preventing proper airflow, such as furniture, rugs, and other items.
Repair or Replacement – Atomatic Can Help
Furnaces tend to last 15-20 years. If your furnace is younger than that, more often than not, furnace repairs should be affordable and restore your home to a comfortable temperature quickly. Whether your furnace is old or new, it’s good to know that you have a dependable partner to help take care of your heating system throughout its lifetime. Call us if you need any of the following services:
- Furnace Replacement – Furnaces fail all the time. But if you need a new furnace fast to keep your home warm, talk to Atomatic about furnace replacement services. We can remove your old furnace and replace it with a new model that will heat your home reliably for years.
- Furnace Installation – Are you building a new home or looking for a new heating system? Atomatic can help with furnace installation services. We’ll walk you through the furnace buying process to find a new heating system that is sized correctly and will efficiently heat your home.
- Furnace Maintenance – Want to prevent the need for furnace repairs and get the most out of your current system? Annual furnace maintenance from Atomatic can help keep your system running efficiently and catch potential issues before they turn into major problems. You should have maintenance done every year before the heating season.
Schedule Furnace Repair in Buffalo Grove, IL
If you are in the Buffalo Grove, IL area and need furnace repair services, call Atomatic Mechanical Services, Inc. We have provided quality heating and cooling services to the residents of this area for over 75 years. Our technicians are experienced and qualified to handle any repair job, big or small. Contact us today to schedule furnace repair service!